Welcome back to Week 3 of the Reader’s Den for the book Ready Player One. Here are a few questions you may have thought about while reading this book. If you think of something I haven’t, please post a comment. See you next week for the wrap-up of this book.
- Do you feel the world of Ready Player One is one that could come to pass or has the author taken license with what’s currently going on in society?
- If the OASIS existed would people now embrace it like in the book or was it a product of the environment?
- Is the modern Web on its way to becoming the OASIS or is it just a less fancy version of it?
- If you could buy technology to play a character in your favorite movie would you?
- Do you think the scenes of corporate indentured servitude were a commentary on corporate culture today or a view into the future?
- Do you wish the author had included anything from the '80s that was not in the book?
- The author has reported the book is on its way to becoming a movie. Do you feel the book would translate to film well or does it need major changes to make it work?