Per Scholas has received grants from the Liz Claiborne and New York Women’s foundations to provide women training in Information Technology, which includes two IT industry certifications, CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and placement in career-track IT jobs. Per Scholas is participating in a random assignment (RA) research project with MDRC – WORKADVANCE.
However, up to 48 women, two all-women training cohorts, will be exempt from the RA process. All qualified women will be enrolled in the 15-week training.
Per Scholas especially encourages women 18-24 and women veterans of these campaigns — OIF/OEF/OND — to enroll.
Course benefits include:
- FREE Tuition: All books, exams and materials included
- FREE Career counseling and job placement assistance
- Over 500 hours of rigorous “hands-on” instruction
- 10 College credits
Become fully versed in:
- Computer maintenance
- Installation and troubleshooting
- Networking concepts
- Security and customer service
- Microsoft technologies
- Ages 18 – 55
- High school diploma or GED
- Genuine interest in pursuing a career in IT
- Legal NYC resident
- Available to attend classes 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.)
How Do I Register?
Attend Orientation in Person. No Appointment Needed.
Visit Per Scholas (Monday – Thursday) at 9:00 a.m.
Per Scholas is at 804 East 138th Street, Bronx, New York 10454. Accessible by the 6 Train to Cypress Ave.
For more information contact Per Scholas at 718-991-8400 / www.perscholas.org
For more information on free job training, please visit Job Search Central online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue at 34th Street.