Brooklyn Workforce Innovations helps jobless and working poor New Yorkers establish careers in sectors that offer good wages and opportunities for advancement.
Looking for a career in the construction trade?
BuildingWorks Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program can get you there!
BuildingWorks Pre-Apprenticeship is an intensive 17-week training program whose graduates go on to work in the construction trades, including: carpentry, sheet metal, electrical, environmental assessment, and lead and asbestos abatement.
Certifications can include OSHA 10 and 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Worker, CPR, Scaffold and much more.
Training, transportation, lunch, and licensing fees are all provided at no cost to you.
- Able to perform 8 hours of physical labor each day
- Travel to job sites throughout the city every day
- Be at least 18 years old
- An American Citizen or Naturalized Immigrant
- Have a valid State ID Card or Drivers License
- Able to pass a math and reading test at the 8th grade level
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED at the time of application
- Be unemployed and/or have a low income
- Able to attend class Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM for 17 weeks
How to apply:
In order to apply, you must attend one of the Orientation dates listed below:
Tuesday, August 21st at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, August 29th at 3 p.m.
Tuesday, September 4th at 3 p.m.
Tuesday, September 11th at 10 a.m.
RSVP is not required. Any additional question may be answered at Orientation.
You must possess the following documents when you come to one of the orientations:
- Birth Certificate/citizenship status
- Social Security Card
- Valid State Identification
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income
- High school Diploma/GED
Oriental Location: 621 Degraw Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Take the R train to Union Street, walk two blocks and make a left on Degraw Street; or take the 2, 3, 4, 5, N, B, D, Q train to Atlantic Ave./Pacific Street. Go 8 blocks down 4th Ave until Degraw Street then make a right.
For more information, please contact Erica Plasse at 718-237-2017 x149 or email@example.com
If you want to learn more about free job training programs, please visit Job Search Central, Science, Industry and Business Library online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.