- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Free Training for Green Jobs
The Green Jobs Training Program introduces participants to the principles of sustainability and provides the necessary skills to work for companies that have or want to develop a green focus.
This is your chance to get the skills you need to apply for a job in:
- Waste Management
Learn appropriate strategies for waste reduction; safety and efficiency in handling and processing; source separation for material reclamation and recycling; and proper disposal.
- Sustainable Landscape Design & Maintenance
Learn the basics of sustainable landscape design, plant selection, soil conservation and remediation techniques, Integrated Pest Management, urban agriculture, and more!
- Green Cleaning & Housekeeping
Acquire necessary skills to maintain a high indoor environmental quality to protect the health of building occupants through proper and environmentally sustainable cleaning practices.
Why Green Jobs?
- As energy becomes more expensive and codes and standards become stricter, companies nationwide are working hard to become more sustainable.
- For companies, this effort involves creating positions and jobs that didn’t exist 5 or 10 years ago.
- The growth of green jobs is only getting started; in the future, more companies will add even more jobs.
- This is a huge opportunity for professional growth.
Trainings are two weeks long and take place Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Be unemployed or underemployed; career changers are encouraged to apply
- Be able to attend classes regularly and on time
- Be 18 years old or older at the time of application
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Speak English
For more information call today, 718-663-8407.
If you want to learn more about free job training programs, please visit Job Search Central, Science, Industry and Business Library online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.