- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Job Search Central
Free Job Training in Green Advanced Manufacturing
Are you 24 or over and looking for a career in the green advanced manufacturing industry?
Green Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative (GAMC), a partnership between New York City College of Technology’s Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology and Industrial Design and the Business and Industry Training Center, is responsive to workforce education needs of NYC’s revitalized manufacturing sector. The program rallies resources and stakeholders from the public and private sectors, economic and workforce development agencies, unions and CBOs to help individuals navigate a career path through cutting edge technology education while contributing to the growth of the nation’s competitive edge in manufacturing.
- Students will receive credit-bearing Industry Recognized Credentials (8-12 month program) and/or Associate Degrees (18-24 month program) in the field of Green Advanced manufacturing.
- Fully paid college tuition and textbooks
- Industry-based curriculum taught by the college faculty in state-of-the art labs
- Support services and skills for success at college
- Prep courses in English and math
- Advisement, counseling, and tutoring
- Job placement or skill upgrading for career advancement
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programmer and Operator
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Commercial and Industrial Design Assistant
- CAD Designer/Operator
- Industrial Product Designer
- CAD/CAM Programmer
- Mechanical Designer
- Senior/Junior Quality Assurance Inspector
- Testing Technician
Are you Eligible?
- 18 years old (preferably 24 or older)
- High School Diploma/GED or college credits
- US citizenship or legally authorized to work in the US
- Displaced and incumbent workers, veterans, prospective college students
- Willing to take the CUNY Assessment Test (CAT) and demonstrate ability/interest in the mechanical/technology fields
The CareerPATH program in Manufacturing will begin accepting students starting summer 2012.
All information sessions will be held at the City Tech Campus in Downtown Brooklyn at 300 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
For information please call CareerPATH Program at 718-552-1150.