- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Teaching Prohibition: Databases for Use in Creating Lesson Plans
- Grolier Online — type in "Prohibition" and find articles on the topic in various reading levels and in Spanish.
- Kids Search — click on the “images” link and type in "Prohibition." You will find primary source information on the topic.
- Middle Search Plus — type in "Prohibition" to find various articles. To find information on the Volstead Act of 1919, click on the “primary source documents” link (on the left side of the screen).
- U.S. History in Context — type in "Prohibition" and you will find a quick overview, including images, audio recordings, and related topics.
- Teaching with Documents: The Volstead Act and Related Prohibition Documents (from the National Archives)