- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
November 2011 NYPL Blog Highlights
The clocks have been turned back, the turkey and cranberry sauce leftovers have been eaten, and mild weather notwithstanding winter is certainly on its way. Earlier this month one of our bloggers asked, "Where Do You Get Your Information?" If you're reading this, then you probably use the library as one of your sources for information. You search the catalog, you download ebooks, you consult archives and digital materials, you ask us questions.
Part of the idea behind NYPL blogs is that we're not just waiting for you to ask us the questions. We are coming at you every day with the answers.
- What were the bestsellers this week? What are the best new books?
- What are teens in the Bronx reading these days?
- How do I reserve a copy of THE HANGOVER PART II?!
- How can I cope with the emotions of being a caregiver?
- Can you tell me about the life of Baryshnikov?
- I like vampire stories/zombie horror/books set in 1930s NYC/video games/indie rockers/Sci-Fi Fantasy Romance, what should I read next?
- Who was Ken Saro-Wiwa?
- Can you help me locate an obituary?
- I want to have my own small business, where can I get help to start one?
- Diabetes runs in my family, what can I do to prevent it?
- I am stressed out, would it help if I started practicing yoga?
- What influenced the culture of the 1960s?
- What was the Lower East Side like in the 1970s?
- Who won the National Book Award in poetry this year?
- What is the country of Niger like?
- Where can I find books on Leonardo da Vinci for kids? Where can I find classroom resources?
- I want to train for a marathon, what should I read to get inspired?
- Where can I find the libretto of this early-20th century musical?
- What's a podcast?
- I have jury duty, what am I going to do?
- What happened to this company?
- What was the U.S. Sanitary Commission's activity in the Gulf of Mexico?
- How were vinyl records manufactured in the 1940s?
- Where can I hear some far-out new music? Do you take requests?
- I haven't been in school for a long time, how can I learn something new?
- How can I find a job?
- How can I meet new people?
- What brand of flatscreen TV should I buy?
- What borough is the Wu Tang Clan from?
- What is the future of the public library?
Any other questions? See you back here next month.
NYPL has been actively blogging since 2007. There are currently over 2,245 posts that serve as a knowledge base of the collections, services, and expertise of 100 librarians and staff from more than 65 departments, libraries and research divisions. About NYPL Blogs.