- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Stuff for the Teen Age
Lights, Camera, Fashion! at the Library
Every year in mid September the city is abuzz as the fashion industry’s elite swoop in from various locations across the globe donning their couture duds. This influx of fashion is enough to make even the most fashionable New Yorker on your block feel like an Ugly Betty for the entire span of New York Fashion Week. The glitterati have previewed and reviewed the upcoming styles and partied till the break of dawn, and gone off to wait for the spring fashion events.
Want a taste of the high profile stiletto lifestyle without the price tag? The library has just what you need! Whether you are in search of great fashion fiction, inspiration from those in the industry, everyday style guides, or a little small/big screen entertainment, it can all be found at NYPL.
Get your dose of Fashion Fierceness on Sunday, September 25th at 2 pm when Tyra Banks will be at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building for TeenLIVE. Get the details and RSVP at www.nypl.org/teenlive.
- Modelland - Tyra Banks
- Glamour - Melody Carlson
- A Girl Like Moi - Lisa Barham
- Celebutantes on the Avenue - Antonio Pagliarulo
- Where I Belong - Gillian Cross
- A.L.T.: A Memoir - André Leon Talley
- Influence - Mary-Kate Olsen
- Coco Chanel - Ann Gaines
- Strutting It! The Grit Behind the Glamour - Jeanne Beker
Style Guides, History and Images
- America’s Top Model Fierce Guide to Life - J.E. Bright
- Lauren Conrad Style - Lauren Conrad
- Berg Fashion Library
- Dress and Fashion: Design and Manufacture - NYPL Digital Gallery
- Classy - Derek Blasberg
- How to Draw Cool Fashions - Kathryn Clay
- Forgotten Fashion - Kate Hahn
- In Fashion - Annemarie Iverson