- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
May 2011 NYPL Blog Highlights
Did you see? This month on the blogs...
- The Stephen A. Schwarzman building celebrated turning 100!
- We remembered the days when the SASB was a youthful eighty years old.
- Reading about the '90s also made us want to make zines.
- We talked to teens and former teens about their favorite movies, books and music.
- After taking our final exam and a remedial driving course we started packing for summer camp.
- While camping, we experienced some nature.
- We traveled down south for the Derby by way of the Western Reserve.
- We heard wedding bells... (or just found a prom date).
- We celebrated our love of Moms (as well as sci-fi.)
- We commemorated Asian Pacific American Heritage.
- Don't call us crazy, but we actually tasted some really delicious books.
- The world didn't end on May 21st, but we located the right subject headings for you just in case.
And finally: we talked to so many library users this month about why the New York Public Library matters to them. (We even asked ourselves the same question.) We are in serious danger of devastating budget cuts and need your help. Your voice adds to the resounding sentiment that libraries are instrumental resources for our communities, for the advancement of knowlege, and always ongoing lifelong learning. Please Take Action Now!
NYPL has been actively blogging since 2007. There are currently over 1,880 posts that serve as a knowledge base of the collections, services, and expertise of 100 librarians and staff from more than 65 departments, libraries and research divisions. About NYPL Blogs.