- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Reader’s Den, Stuff for the Teen Age
Reader's Den: "Incarceron" Discussion Questions
Feel free to share your favorite moments, characters, or whatever below.
Here are some discussion questions to sink your teeth into:
- What did you think of the ending? Did you anticipate the prison's location or was it a total surprise?
- Finn, Keiro, Claudia and even Attia are not always morally upright. How did you feel about reading about a book where the main characters are criminals, liars and even convicts?
- While Finn and his friends are trapped inside Incarceron, Claudia is trapped in Era living life as though it were the 18th Century under the stringent rules of Protocol. If you had to choose where would rather be, in the prison of in Era?While Finn and his friends are trapped inside Incarceron, Claudia is trapped in Era living life as though it were the 18th Century under the stringent rules of Protocol. If you had to choose where would rather be, in the prison of in Era?
- Fisher prefaces every chapter with some kind of epigram from Finn or Claudia’s world (decrees from the king, legends of Sapphique, etc.). What did you think of these snippets? How did they add (or not add) to the story?
- Jared is Claudia’s friend, tutor and sometimes confidante. He is key in unlocking the secrets of Incarceron. What did you think of him as a character? How does Jared compare to Claudia’s father, the Warden? Bonus Question: What did you think of Jared and the Warden’s respective relationships with Claudia?