April can be sort of cruel (I'm paraphrasing...) but on the NYPL blogs it was a blast! I couldn't help but notice...
- You got caught in the rain, were fooled by a prank, then slipped on a banana peel.
- You had a nightmare about a dystopian hell with monsters where it rained blood (yikes!)
- But then you dreamed of utopian, self-sustaining environments.
- You couldn't help but say "awwwww! smoochie coo" at a cute bird, baby, city critter, fairytale wedding, or pastel marshmallow diorama.
- You stuffed your pockets full of poetry, verse, sonnets, haiku, and the complete works of Shakespeare.
- You pondered existence (or just pretended to read something smart in public)
- You tuned up your clunker and hit the road.
- You time traveled to a slightly fictionalized past.
- You solved mysteries and found the missing piece of the puzzle.
- You fixed yourself a midnight snack after staying up late transcribing menus, and then sang a happy song for archival materials.
- You pursued your dream, even if it raised a few eyebrows.
- You learned how to do something new, just because!
As usual, you read tons of books, listened to a lot of great music, and watched some cool movies. You know how I know all this about you? It's obviously because you read the NYPL blogs!
Now why don't you subscribe to the RSS?
NYPL has been actively blogging since 2007. There are currently over 1,800 posts that serve as a knowledge base of the collections, services, and expertise of 91 librarians and staff from more than 65 departments, libraries and research divisions. About NYPL Blogs.