- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Electronic Resources for our Young Researchers
- BookFlix- plays the narration while highlighting the words of the story across the screen (PreK-3)
- Kids Search - an easy-to-use database for students; search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful information (K-8)
- Learning Express Library - provides practice tests in Math and Reading, starting with grades 4-College
- Searchasaurus - includes a dictionary and encyclopedia geared for young researchers, full-text articles from over 80 magazines and pamphlets appropriate for children in grades 1-3
- TumbleBooks - includes animated-talking picture books, story books, and books in other languages, puzzles and games; each story provides the appropriate grade level
- World Book Online - go to 'World Book Online for Kids' link and there you will find games, science projects, maps, and more
Parents: if you are looking for additional library resources or homework help please go to homeworknyc.org. This website gives additional information.
Here’s how to access NYPL’s databases:
- Go to www.nypl.org
- Click on ‘Find Books, DVDs, & More’
- Click on ‘Articles and Databases’ in left sidebar
- Databases are listed in alphabetical order. If you are not accessing the database from the library, enter the number found on the back of your library card.