Summerreading.org has launched a great interactive website that allows everyone, young or old to participate in summer reading!
In case you haven’t checked it out, go to summerreading.org and click where it says, “Register now!” (When registering you do not have to fill-in first name, last name, or email address).
Once you have created your account the fun begins. You get to create your virtual person, by dressing it, changing the hair, and picking facial features (trust me, time will escape you when doing this).
The next great part is getting your badges. Everyone receives a badge when signing-up. Other ways in getting a badge is by logging in the times you read, going to library programs, etc.
HomeworkNYC has recently created a badge for students and parents to add to their summer reading page.
Here is how to get the HomeworkNYC badge:
• Students must add a homeworknyc app to their social networking page
How to get the Apps in 3 easy steps:
- Sign-up for i-Google (if you have a gmail account then you already have an i-Google account)
- Click on the link “add stuff” type in homeworknyc in the “search for gadgets” bar and click “search”
- The HomeworkNYC app will appear. Click on the “add it now” button
That is it! The apps will appear on your i-Google page.
• Parents must look at the new HomeworkNYC website http://homeworknyc.org/
The badge code is HomeworkApp
**You can also watch screencasts on how to add the HomeworkNYC Apps to your Facebook page on YouTube- type homeworknyc**