- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Catch the Wave @ the Bronx Library Center - Adult Summer Reading 2010
Hey, Adults, looking for that great summer read for the beach or something lengthier than Poetry in Motion while commuting through dark subway tunnels – look no further than the Bronx Library Center. This summer the Bronx Library Center is looking to reward four readers who read and post the most book reviews online at www.summerreading.org.
Here’s the catch – only those who list their branch as Bronx Library Center at www.summerreading.org are eligible to participate.Here’s how it works – go to www.summerreading.org. Click on the “Register Now!”link on the top right corner of the screen. A short form will appear where you will be asked to enter a screen name and a password of your choosing. Then enter your first name, last name, email address, select your age category (Adults, 19+), Borough (Bronx) and Branch (Bronx Library Center). All your information entered is not visible to the public except your screen name, so make sure you do not use your real name as your screen name.
For those who signed up in the library on the paper slip, use the following instructions:
- Go to the website www.summerreading.org
- You will be asked to enter your screen name and password
- Your screen name is the first three letters of your first name and the first three letters of your last name plus the last four digits of the telephone number you listed on the paper slip when you signed up. For example, if your name is Joe Smith and the last four digits of your telephone number are 0100, then your screen name is joesmi0100.
- The password for everyone is “read”
- After logging into the site, feel free to change your password to whatever you would like it to be. Once you are in the site you’ll be able to log your books read, and write reviews.
- View the tutorial below to learn more...