- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Grand Opening of Financial Literacy Central at SIBL--Thursday, June 3rd!
Are you hearing the same mixed messages about the state of the economy that I am? Though some aspects seem to be getting better, other indications are not so bright... Whatever our age or stage in life, now more than ever we need to learn about personal finance.
Fortunately, the Science, Industry, and Business Library has come to the rescue! To mark the opening of Financial Literacy Central there, SIBL is holding Financial Literacy Day, an information-packed mini-marathon of events starting at 12:15 p.m. and finishing up at 7:00 p.m. this Thursday, June 3, 2010. Note that there are three concurrent classes at most of the slots; why not come with a friend so you can split up and compare notes afterwards?
- Beware! Personal Finance Caveats and Pitfalls 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Pre-Retirement Planning: Social Security 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Investing in Stocks: the Basics 12:15pm - 1:15 pm
- Money Matters! 2:15pm - 3:15pm
- Bonds and Bond Mutual Funds 2:15 - 3:15 pm
- Mutual Funds and ETFs 4:15pm - 5:15pm
- Stocks and Mutal Funds 4:15pm - 5:15 pm
- Investment Choices: What is Right for Me? 4:15pm - 5:15pm
- Investing for the New Economic Reality - How to Start Investing, Even if You Have Only $100 6:00pm - 7:00pm
The McGraw Hill Companies is supporting Financial Literacy Central, which will serve as a hub for free personal finance information and resources, including computer access to popular business and finance databases.