- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Crafternoon Favorites, Old and New
This weekend's Handmade Crafternoon was full of industrious, creative attendees—I never fail to be wowed by the skills, enthusiasms, and interests each member of our community brings to Handmade Crafternoons.
Thanks so much for joining us! My thanks also go out to Maura Madden for making us laugh while introducing us to some of her favorite books, both old and new, from the Library's collections.
Here are the books we browsed with her on Saturday:
- Crafternoon : a guide to getting artsy and craftsy with your friends all year long / Maura Madden.
- Knitknit: profiles + projects from knitting's new wave / Sabrina Gschwandtner.
- The new macramé : contemporary knotted jewelry and accessories / Katie DuMont.
- Fabulous woven jewelry : plaiting, coiling, knotting, looping & twining with fiber & metal / Mary Hettmansperger.
- Twist + loop : dozens of jewlery designs to knit and crochet with wire / Annie Modesitt.
- Creating with card weaving; a simple, non-loom technique / Sally Specht and Sandra Rawlings.
- The button craft book / Dawn Cusick.
- Hand felted jewelry and beads : 25 artful designs / Carol Huber Cypher.
- The art of jewelry : paper jewelry : 35 creative projects / Marthe Le Van.
- Lettering for embroidery / Pat Russell.
- Gloria Vanderbilt book of collage / Gloria Vanderbilt, with Alfred Allen Lewis.
- I like you : hospitality under the influence / Amy Sedaris.
- Rosey Grier's Needlepoint for men.
- Bargello: an explosion in color by Margaret Boyles.
- Traditional American crafts / Betsey B. Creekmore.
- Gerda Bengtsson's Book of Danish stitchery.
- Kwiaty Zalipia / Adam Bujak.
- Folk arts and crafts by Marguerite Ickis.
- Decorating with seed mosaics, chipped glass, and plant materials by Eleanor Van Rensselaer.
- The Woman's day book of soft toys and dolls / by Joan Russell.
- Ornamental designs and illustrations, studies of the human
figure, plant and animal life; an encyclopedia of subjects for the use
of engravers, designers and all lovers of art, by J. M. Bergling .
Later this week I'll post a roundup of what some guests worked on and shared, so stay tuned and you'll be able to meet a few of our crafty community members. Cheers to you all!