- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Have you ever looked at your child's homework and wondered "what is this"? You want to help but you have no idea where to begin. Well there is a service that can help you provide homework help to your child. It is called, Dial-A-Teacher and it is part of New York City's public libraries website homeworknyc.org
HomeworkNYC.org provides homework help in any subject of the school's curriculum. Get one-on-one help online or by phone from a New York City school teacher.
Dial-A-Teacher Whiteboard is available Monday-Thursday 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM (when school is in session)
A student logs on to the free, online Dial-A Teacher service by providing some basic background information. They are then connected with a certified NYC teacher
The student can type his/her question, or use a mouse to draw a math problem, even upload a homework sheet or paper for the teacher to go over
The teacher instantly sees the assignment/question and provides the student with help
* You can also call Dial-A-Teacher (212) 777-3380 Monday-Thursday 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM (when school is in session) *
- Offers homework help in different languages
- Provides scientific calculators (that don’t just give the answers but show the steps to getting the answer)
- Provides 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Math textbooks online
- Students can also save the information of their favorite databases, on this website
Attached is a handout for Dial-A-Teacher.