- My NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Become a Computer Page
High School and College Students:
Join the Library's Computer Page Program
Do you enjoy helping people learn how to use computers and the Internet? If so, there may be a job for you at your local branch of The New York Public Library. The Library has computer page jobs in all of its 87 branches located in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island. The Library is looking for young men and women who are interested in computers and are able to help people use computers in the Library. We may have the right job for you!
How To Apply
Your first step is finding a branch near your home or school. If you need help in locating one, click on the map to the left to find information on library branches in that borough.
Next, visit the branch and speak to a librarian about your wish to apply for a computer page position. If none is available when you visit, leave your name, school and a telephone number where you may be reached in the event that a position becomes vacant. If there are no vacancies in one branch, try another. There is no harm in placing your name in more than one branch.
You may also apply directly to our Human Resources department.
Job Description: Computer Page
Your duties will include:
* Assisting our patrons on how to use The Library's computers
* Performing routine maintenance and keeping record of computer use
* Introducing our patrons to the various computer software applications which your branch or unit may use
* You need to be at least 14 years of age
* You need to be enrolled in school
* You need to be able to work 18 hours a week