Get Help / Ask NYPL
Need assistance? Have a question?
For Quick Answers, Call 917-ASK-NYPL
(917-275-6975) 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday
NYPL Directory (other phone numbers)
Chat with Us 24/7 | Mobile Chat | Text | ¡Información en vivo! | E-mail
Our chat reference service can answer library account and holds-related questions Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Changes to the Online Catalog FAQ
The New York Public Library has transitioned to a new catalog interface that will be more closely integrated with the rest of NYPL’s online offerings. The transition took place on Monday, October 19, 2015. Please note that our classic catalog remains unchanged.
What Should I Read Next?
Your very own personal librarians, at your service! Give us a little info and three(-ish) business days, and we’ll email you three personalized recommendations.
For More In-Depth Questions and Research
Don't See It In the Catalog?
- Request material not held by NYPL through Interlibrary Services
- Get a referral to Use Metro Libraries
- Recommend a title for purchase
- Submission Guidelines for Authors and Publishers
Need to Know
- Get started with e-books
- Get help with downloading e-books
- Quick Start Guides for the Catalog and BiblioCommons
- Report a database problem