- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Beinecke-Gillespie family genealogical papers, 1669-1976, bulk (1969-1976)
- 5 linear feet (6 boxes, 3 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of genealogical papers relating to theBeinecke and Gillespie families in America and Europe, collected by Paul W. Prindle during the writing of his books: Descendants of John and Mary Jane (Cunningham) Gillespie (1973), Ancestry of William Sperry Beinecke (1974), and Ancestry of Elizabeth Barrett Gillespie (1976). Includes Prindle's correspondence, 1969-1976, with William S. Beinecke, chairman of the board of Sperry and Hutchinson Co., and other family members, and with genealogists and others; drafts and proofs; copies of vital records; and 1865 diary (transcripts in part) kept by Jacob Austin Sperry while he was imprisoned at Knoxville, Tenn., during the Civil War. Also, maps, photographs and newsclippings in addition to all of Prindle's notes.
Controlled Access Terms
- Beinecke, Elizabeth B. Gillespie (Elizabeth Barrett Gillespie), 1920-
- Sperry, Jacob Austin.
- Gillespie, John.
- Gillespie, Mary Jane Cunningham.
- Beinecke family.
- Gillespie family.
- Sperry and Hutchinson Company.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
Additional Creator Names
- Beinecke, William Sperry.
- Prindle, Paul Wesley, 1903-