Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 3 linear feet (7 boxes, 4 v.)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of copies of land surveys as well as maps, plans, memoranda, and correspondence. Negative photostat copies (from original manuscripts at the New York Historical Society) are of survey books containing records, 1780-1815, of land surveyed, mostly in New York City. Collection includes maps, plans, memoranda of surveys, and miscellaneous papers relating to real estate in New York City, New York State, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,etc.; also some letters to Gerard and Evert Bancker, 1770-1800.
Controlled Access Terms
- Real property -- New Jersey.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Real property -- New York (State)
- Real property -- Pennsylvania.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Surveys.
- Land surveys.
Additional Creator Names
- Bancker, Evert.
- Bancker, Gerard, 1740-1799.