- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Grace Eulalie Matthews Ashmore papers, 1896-1972.
Ashmore, Grace Eulalie Matthews, 1885-1972.
- 3 linear feet (6 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of diaries, correspondence, photographs, and printed matter. Diaries of Mrs. Ashmore,begun at age 12, reflect her daily activities in New York City and Europe, and record her family and social life, schooling, travels, marriage, volunteer work during World War I, and other activities, 1896-1972. Also, letters to Mrs. Ashmore from Ernest de Weerth from Rome commenting onthe theatrical and operatic worlds of 1956-1966; transcripts of Matthews family letters written in 1829-1870, with genealogical table and notes; and a few miscellaneous papers.
Grace Eulalie Matthews Ashmore was a society woman in New York City.
Controlled Access Terms
- Ashmore, Grace Eulalie Matthews, 1885-1972.
- Matthews family.
- Junior League of the City of New York.
- Women -- Education.
- Women -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies and clubs.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work.
- Voluntarism -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Opera -- Italy -- Rome.
- Theater -- Italy -- Rome.
- Rome (Italy) -- Social life and customs.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs.
- Europe -- Social life and customs.
- Photographic prints.
Additional Creator Name
- Weerth, Ernest de, d. 1967.