American Industrial Commission to France.
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 1.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Collection consists of printed report, 1916, of the American Industrial Commission to France and scrapbook of materials collected by W.W. Nichols, including letters, reports, ephemera, artifacts, and photographs relating to the visit of the Commission to France.
The American Industrial Commission to France was organizedin 1916 by the American Manufacturers Export Association under the leadership of William Wallace Nichols. The objective of the Commission was to visit industrial and commercial sites in France and recommend the most effective way for the U.S. to contribute resources toward the reconstruction of French communities and industries.
Controlled Access Terms
- American Industrial Commission to France.
- Economic assistance, American -- France.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief -- France.
- France -- Economic conditions.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- France -- 1913-1921.
- Photographic prints.
Additional Creator Name
- Nichols, William Wallace, 1860-