Willis, George Ingraham
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 2.73 linear feet (6 boxes, 1 volume)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref
George Ingraham Willis (1912-1988), a native New Yorker, conducted research on the history and genealogy of the Willis family. The collection is primarily composed of hisresearch notes, correspondence and the original documents he assembled relating to the Willis, Ingraham, Davenport, Davis and allied families. The original documents include legal and personal papers of his immediate family, as wellas of earlier ancestors. Of note are the personal papers of John Davenport, his maternal great-grandfather, which include extensive correspondence with his wife and business partners, 1823-1866, and documents relating to his tenure on the New York City Board of Education.
Controlled Access Terms
- Crowell family.
- Davenport family.
- Davis family.
- Ingram family.
- Willis family.
- Baudoine & Willis.
- W.P. Willis & Co.
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- Long Island.
- Long Island (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
- Merchants -- New York (State)
Additional Creator Names
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Collection.
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.