•King, Rufus, 1755-1827
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- 4.83 linear feet (12 boxes)
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref.
Rufus King (1838-1924) was a banker by profession as well as a respected genealogist. The son of Rufus Sylvester andPhoebe Odell King, his New England ancestors included the revolutionary war veteran and New York State Senator RufusKing, after whom he was named. The Rufus King genealogicalresearch papers consist primarily of the notes and correspondence generated and collected by King in the course of tracing his family's lineage, as well as an assortment of family papers dating from 1720 to 1866.
Controlled Access Terms
- King, Rufus, 1755-1827.
- Morrison, George A.
- Randall, Frank E.
- King family.
- O'Dell family.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs.
- Orient (N.Y.) -- Genealogy.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Genealogy.
- Account books.
Additional Creator Names
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Collection.
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.