Yeats, John Butler, 1839-1922.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of a manuscript,correspondence, portraits and portrait sketches, and pictorial works. The manuscript consists of an invitationto a dinner in New York on March 29, . The correspondence consists of letters from Yeats, dating from to 1921, to Padraic Colum, Lord Edward Dunsany, Lady Isabella Augusta Persse Gregory, Douglas Hyde, GustavKobbé, W. B. Yeats, and others, as well as a letter, dated1914, from John Quinn to Maire O'Neill, relating to Yeats.There is a 1906 letter from Lady Gregory to Yeats.
The portraits include sketches and pen-and-ink drawings of George Moore, John Quinn, George William Russell, and William Butler Yeats.
John Butler Yeats was an Irish portrait painter and the father of the poet William Butler Yeats and the painter Jack Butler Yeats.
Controlled Access Terms
- Moore, George, 1852-1933 -- Portraits.
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924 -- Portraits.
- Russell, George William, 1867-1935 -- Portraits.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
- Dunsany, Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, Baron, 1878-1957.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Hyde, Douglas, 1860-1949.
- Kobbé, Gustav, 1857-1918.
- O'Neill, Maire, 1887-1952.
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.