- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Wordsworth collection of papers, 1795-1897
Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850.
- 72 items.
This is a synthetic collection that includes manuscripts, a typescript, correspondence, and an undated notebook. The manuscripts include holograph poems, as well as manuscripts by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Thomas De Quincey, Lydia Howard H. Sigourney, Algernon Charles Swinburne, and others. The correspondence includes lettersfrom the author, dating from  to 1846, to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Thomas De Quincey, Edward Moxon, Thomas Noon Talfourd, and others. Also present are letters relating to the author, dating from ca. 1818 to 1897, between various correspondents, including Hartley Coleridge, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Joseph Henry Green, Emile Hyacinthe Legouis, Sir Leslie Stephen, Dora Wordsworth, Dorothy Wordsworth, and others.
William Wordsworth was a British poet, essayist, playwright, and travel writer.
Controlled Access Terms
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850.
Additional Creator Names
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861.
- Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849.
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834.
- De Quincey, Thomas, 1785-1859.
- Green, Joseph Henry, 1791-1863.
- Jackson, William, 1817?-1891?
- Legouis, Emile, 1861-1937.
- Moxon, Edward, 1801-1858.
- Sigourney, L. H. (Lydia Howard), 1791-1865.
- Stephen, Leslie, Sir, 1832-1904.
- Swinburne, Algernon Charles, 1837-1909.
- Talfourd, Thomas Noon, Sir, 1795-1854.
- Wordsworth, Dora, 1804-1847.
- Wordsworth, Dorothy, 1771-1855.
- Graves, R. P.. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Morley, F. V. (Frank Vigor), 1899- fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo