Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
- Originals: 3,661 items.
- Copies: 21 microfilm reels ; 35 mm. + 1 guide (48 p. ; 29 cm.) + 1 inventory (26 l. ; 28 cm.); 1 computer optical disc; 4 3/4 in. + 1 user's guide (vii, 30, vii, 32p. : ill. ; 21 cm.).
Use of this collection is limited to microfilm and CD-Rom only. Contact the Berg Collection if original materials are necessary for research.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence, diaries kept from 1897 to 1941, notebooks, legal documents, and portraits. The manuscripts include holograph fragments, drafts, and portions of novels, essays, and criticism. There are typescripts and emended typescripts of novels, essays, criticism, and articles. The notebooks include her notes for works and reading notes. There are also manuscripts and typescripts about the author, as well as diaries, from1896, 1907-1913, and 1928 relating to the author.
The correspondence includes letters from the author, dating from 1902 to 1941, to Barbara Bagenal, Vanessa Stephen Bell, Violet Dickinson, T. S. Eliot, E. M. Forster,Edward Sackville-West, Vita Sackville-West, May Sarton, Edith Sitwell, Ethel Mary Smyth, Lytton Strachey, and others. It also includes letters relating to the author, from 1882 to 1984, between various correspondents including Vanessa Stephen Bell, Vita Sackville-West, Leonard Woolf, John Lehmann, Mitchell Leaska, Siegfried Sassoon, Edith Sitwell, and others. There are letters to Woolf from Katherine Arnold-Foster, Maurice Baring, Clive Bell, Vanessa Bell, Elizabeth Bowen, T. S. Eliot, E. M. Forster, Thomas Hardy, John Maynard Keynes, Walter Lamb, Shu-hua Ling, Desmond MacCarthy, Mary MacCarthy, KatherineMansfield, John Middleton Murry, Victoria Mary Sackville-West, Logan Pearsall Smith, Stephen Spender, Adrian Stephen, Hugh Walpole, and others, dating from  to 1941.
Virginia Woolf was a British novelist, short-story writer,literary critic and essayist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Arnold-Foster, Katherine.
- Bagenal, Barbara.
- Baring, Maurice, 1874-1945.
- Bell, Clive, 1881-1964.
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879-1961.
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973.
- Dickinson, Violet.
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965.
- Forster, E. M. (Edward Morgan), 1879-1970.
- Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928.
- Keynes, John Maynard, 1883-1946.
- Lamb, W. R. M. (Walter Rangeley Maitland), b. 1882.
- Leaska, Mitchell Alexander.
- Lehmann, John, 1907-
- Ling, Shuhua, 1904-
- MacCarthy, Desmond, 1878-1952.
- MacCarthy, Mary Warre Cornish.
- Mansfield, Katherine, 1888-1923.
- Murry, John Middleton, 1889-1957.
- Sackville-West, Edward, Hon., 1901-1965.
- Sackville-West, V. (Victoria), 1892-1962.
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995.
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967.
- Sitwell, Edith, Dame, 1887-1964.
- Smith, Logan Pearsall, 1865-1946.
- Smyth, Ethel, 1858-1944.
- Spender, Stephen, 1909-1995.
- Strachey, Lytton, 1880-1932.
- Stephen, Adrian.
- Walpole, Hugh, Sir, 1884-1941.
- Woolf, Leonard, 1880-1969.
- Gruber, Ruth, 1911- dnr.
- Nowell-Smith, Simon, 1909- dnr.
- Hamill & Barker. dnr