West, Rebecca, Dame, 1892-1983.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, correspondence, legal and financial documents, as well as portraits. The manuscripts include a holograph review andessay. The bulk of the collection consists of letters, dating from 1916 to 1960, from the author to Anne Fremantle, Violet Hunt, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Beverly Nichols, Edward Sackville-West, May Sarton, Carl Van Vechten, Humbert Wolfe, Virginia Woolf, and others. Also present are letters relating to the author, from 1919 to 1975, between various correspondents including Gerald Gould, Harold Monro, James B. Pinker and son, and others. There are also letters to West from Herbert Mitgang, dating from 1967 to 1975.
Rebecca West, born Cicely Isabel Fairfield, was a British novelist, biographer, literary critic, and essayist.
Controlled Access Terms
- West, Rebecca, Dame, 1892-1983.
- West, Rebecca, Dame, 1892-1983 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Fremantle, Anne, 1909-2002.
- Hunt, Violet, 1862-1942.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Mitgang, Herbert.
- Nichols, Beverley, 1899-
- Sackville-West, Edward, Hon., 1901-1965.
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
- Wolfe, Humbert, 1885-1940.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Gould, Gerald, 1885-1936.
- Monro, Harold, 1879-1932.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964. fmo
- James B. Pinker and Son.
- American Play Company. fmo