Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts by and about the author, corrspondence by and about the author, two forgeries of correspondence, a notebook for 1890 through 1892, a commonplace book for theyears 1930 through 1940, portraits, and pictorial works. The manuscripts and typescripts include the author's holograph and typewritten essays, articles, plays, scenarios, librettos, and criticism. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence by the author, from 1880 to 1950, to Julius Bab, Charles Charrington, Lord Edward Dunsany, Lady Gregory, Lady Ebba Cecilia (Byström) Low, Henry Stephens Salt, Floryan Sobieniowski, Siegfried Trebitsch, William Butler Yeats, and to others. There are also letters about the author, from 1895 to 1959, between various correspondents including Benjamin Ricketson Tucker,Lady Gregory, George Moore, Leonard Sidney Woolf, and others. There are letters to Shaw from St. John Greer Ervine, John Farleigh, Floryan Sobieniowski, Siegfried Trebitsch, Archibald Constable & Co., Jonathan Cape. Ltd.,R. & R. Clarke, Ltd., and others, dating from 1897 to .
Bernard Shaw, born George Bernard Shaw, was an Irish writer of novels, plays, poems, short stories, and literary criticism.
Controlled Access Terms
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950.
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950 -- Portraits.
- Commonplace books.
Additional Creator Names
- Bab, Julius, 1880-1955.
- Charrington, Charles.
- Dunsany, Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, Baron, 1878-1957.
- Ervine, St. John G. (St. John Greer), b. 1883.
- Farleigh, John, 1900-
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Moore, George, 1852-1933.
- Salt, Henry Stephens, 1851-1939.
- Sobieniowski, Floryan.
- Trebitsch, Siegfried, 1869-1956.
- Tucker, Benjamin Ricketson, 1854-1939.
- Woolf, Leonard, 1880-1969.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.
- Archibald Constable & Co.
- Jonathan Cape (Firm)
- R. & R. Clark (Firm)
- Berg, Albert Ashton, 1872-1950. fmo
- Berg, Henry W., 1858-1938. fmo
- Fletcher, Frank, 1870-1954. fmo
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Lehmann, John, 1907- fmo
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo
- Sobieniowski, Floryan. fmo
- Tucker, Benjamin Ricketson, 1854-1939. fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo
- Davis, Irving Kaye. dnr
- Laurence, Dan H. dnr
- Sommerich, Jane. dnr
- Shelley, Elsa. dnr
- American Play Company. fmo