- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Sharp collection of papers, [1883?]-1909 bulk (1890-1909).
Sharp, William, 1855-1905.
- 115 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, and correspondence. The manuscripts include essays, poems, and miscellaneous manuscript material. The typescripts include drafts of stories, essays, a contents list, and instructions for the printer. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence by the author, dating from 1894 to 1905, to Harry Buxon Forman, Lady Gregory, John Lane, Thomas B. Mosher, Herbert Stuart Stone,T. Fisher Unwin, W. B. Yeats, and others. Also present areletters relating to the author, dating from 1892 to 1909, between various correspondents, including Lawrence Gilman,C. A. Janvier, Thomas B. Mosher, Arthur C. Stedman, Walt Whitman, Duffield & Company, and others. There are lettersto Sharp from H. Buxton Forman and Thomas Bird Mosher, dating from [1883?] to 1901.
William Sharp was a Scottish poet, novelist, short story writer, biographer, essayist, and dramatist who also wroteunder the pseudonym Fiona Macleod.
Controlled Access Terms
- Sharp, William, 1855-1905.
Additional Creator Names
- Forman, H. Buxton (Harry Buxton), 1842-1917.
- Gilman, Lawrence, 1878-1939.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Janvier, Catharine A. (Catharine Ann), 1841-1923.
- Lane, John, 1854-1925.
- Mosher, Thomas Bird, 1852-1923.
- Stedman Arthur, 1853-
- Stone, Herbert Stuart, 1871-1915.
- Unwin, T. Fisher (Thomas Fisher), 1848-1935.
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.
- Duffield & Company.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo