Sackville-West, V. (Victoria), 1892-1962.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, a diary for 1928, a notebook from 1913, and correspondence. The manuscripts include holographs ofher novels, poems, biographies, and a translation, as wellas a manuscript by Humbert Wolfe mentioning the author. The correspondence, dating from  to 1962, includes letters to Lascelles Abercrombie, Alvilde Lees-Milne, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Aileen Pippett, Edward Sackville-West,May Sarton, Leonard Sidney Woolf, Virginia Woolf, and others. Also present are letters relating to the author, dating from [ca. 1919] to 1962, between various correspondents, including Harold George Nicolson, Alvilde Lees-Milne, Virginia Woolf, Siegfried Sassoon, and others.There are letters to Sackville-West from Vanessa Bell, Louise Genoux, Harold George Nicolson, Aileen Pippett, Leonard and Virigina Woolf, dating from 1922 to 1956.
Victoria Sackville-West, better known as Vita, was a British novelist, poet, and writer of gardening books.
Controlled Access Terms
- Sackville-West, V. (Victoria), 1892-1962.
Additional Creator Names
- Wolfe, Humbert, 1885-1940.
- Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938.
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879-1961.
- Genoux, Louise.
- Lees-Milne, Alvilde.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Nicolson, Harold George, Sir, 1886-1968.
- Pippett, Aileen.
- Sackville-West, Edward, Hon., 1901-1965.
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995.
- Woolf, Leonard, 1880-1969.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967.
- Curtiss, Mina Kirstein, 1896- fmo
- Lees-Milne, Alvilde. fmo
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941. fmo