Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, and correspondence. The manuscripts and typescripts include essays by Roosevelt and by Samuel Langhorne Clemens about Roosevelt. The correspondence includes letters from the author, dating from 1903 to 1918,to Padraic Colum, Lady Isabella Augusta Persse Gregory, and W. T. H. Howe, as well as letters relating to the author, dating from 1903 to , between various correspondents, including William F. Bailey, Francis Warrington Dawson, Lady Gregory, Percival Pollard, John Rhys, and Edith Kermit Roosevelt. There are letters to Roosevelt from Samuel Langhorne Clemens and George WilliamCurtis, dating from 1871 to .
Theodore Roosevelt was the twenty-sixth president of the United States, the first American to win a Nobel Peace Prize, and a writer of travel literature, biographies, historiographies, essays, and literary criticism.
Controlled Access Terms
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
Additional Creator Names
- Bailey, William F. (William Frederick), 1857-1917.
- Clemens, Samuel Langhorne, 1835-1910.
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
- Curtis, George William, 1824-1892.
- Dawson, Warrington, 1878-1962.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup)
- Pollard, Percival, 1869-1911.
- Rhys, John, Sir, 1840-1915.
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo