- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Samuel Richardson collection of papers, 1746-1761.
Richardson, Samuel, 1689-1761.
- 20 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and correspondence, as well as a pencil portrait of the author. The manuscripts consist of essays and poems aboutthe author by William Cowper, Lady Eliza Echlin, and Sir Walter Scott. The correspondence consists of letters, dating from 1746 to 1761, from the author to Elizabeth Carter and Lady Eliza Echlin. There are letters to Richardson from Elizabeth Carter, Colley Cibber, Edward Young and others, dating from 1749 to 1760.
Samuel Richardson was an English novelist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Richardson, Samuel, 1689-1761.
- Richardson, Samuel, 1689-1761 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Carter, Elizabeth, 1717-1806.
- Cibber, Colley, 1671-1757.
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800.
- Echlin, Elizabeth, Lady, 1704?-1782?
- Scott, Walter, Sir, 1771-1832.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo