Moore, George, 1852-1933.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence, legal documents, an undated notebook, and portraits. The manuscripts and typescripts include drafts and fragments of poems, some ofwhich are in W. B. Yeats' hand or which bear his corrections; synopses, interviews, and notes for works, aswell as essays and notes about the author by Barrett Harper Clark and Humbert Wolfe. The correspondence includes letters, dating from  to 1931, from the author to Eliza Davis Aria, Lionel H. Barton, Padraic Colum, Sir Sidney Colvin, William Leonard Courtney, Lady Maud Cunard, Nancy Cunard, Theodore Duret, Crosby Gaige, Edmund Gosse, Miss Gough, Lady Gregory, Hilda Hawthorne, Violet Hunt, to his secretary Mona Kingdon, to Clara Lanza,Thomas Werner Laurie, Sir Edward Marsh, Leonard Rees, William Michael Rossetti, James Stephens, Millicent Fanny Sutherland, T. Fisher Unwin, Carl Van Vechten, James R. Wells, Humbert Wolfe, W. B. Yeats, and others. Also present are letters relating to the author, dating from 1903 to 1939, between various correspondents, including Lady Gregory, Thomas Hardy, John Middleton Murry, John Quinn, and others. There are letters to Moore from Arnold Bennett, Lady Gregory, Ada Leverson, Edward Martyn, and W.B. Yeats, dating from 1891 to 1931.
George Moore was an Irish novelist, short-story writer, autobiographer, essayist and playwright.
Controlled Access Terms
- Moore, George, 1852-1933.
- Moore, George, 1852-1933 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Aria, Mrs. (Eliza Davis), 1866-1931.
- Bennett, Arnold, 1867-1931.
- Clark, Barrett H. (Barrett Harper), 1890-1953.
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
- Colvin, Sidney, Sir, 1845-1927.
- Courtney, W. L. (William Leonard), 1850-1928.
- Cunard, Maud Alice Burke, Lady, 1872-1948.
- Duret, Théodore, 1838-1927.
- Gaige, Crosby, 1882-1949.
- Gosse, Edmund, 1849-1928.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928.
- Hunt, Violet, 1862-1942.
- Kingdon, Mona.
- Lanza Clara, 1859-1939.
- Leverson, Ada.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Martyn, Edward, 1859-1923.
- Murry, John Middleton, 1889-1957.
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924.
- Rees, Leonard.
- Rossetti, William Michael, 1829-1919.
- Stephens, James, 1882-1950.
- Sutherland, Millicent, Duchess of, 1867-1955.
- Unwin, T. Fisher (Thomas Fisher), 1848-1935.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
- Wolfe, Humbert, 1885-1940.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.
- Goldsmith, Alfred F.. fmo
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo
- Pforzheimer, Arthur. fmo
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924. fmo
- Tranter, Edith Barbara. fmo
- Unwin, T. Fisher (Thomas Fisher), 1848-1935. fmo
- American Play Company. fmo