- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
William Somerset Maugham collection of papers, -1964.
Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset), 1874-1965.
- 746 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of typescripts, manuscripts, correspondence, and legal documents. The typescripts and manuscripts include plays, short stories, novels, and other writings, as well as plays based on the author's works. Also included are agreements, forms, and statements from various theatrical agencies concerning theauthor. The correspondence consists of letters from the author, dating from  to 1964, to Kate Mary Bruce, William Morris Colles, Violet Hunt, Edward Knoblock, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Muriel Rukeyser, Clement King Shorter,Carl Van Vechten, the literary agency of A. P. Watt and Son, and others. Other letters, relating to the author, date from  to 1956; the correspondents include Ian Fleming, Robert Graves, A. P. Watt and Son, the literary agency James B. Pinker and Son, and others. There are letters to Maugham from Shah Agha Khan, Felix Ferry, and Sir Stanley Unwin, dating from 1950 to [1954?].
William Somerset Maugham was a British fiction and comedy writer, essayist, playwright, and literary critic.
Controlled Access Term
- Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset), 1874-1965.
Additional Creator Names
- Bruce, Kate Mary Maugham, 1897-
- Colles, William Morris, 1855-1926.
- Ferry, Felix.
- Fleming, Ian, 1908-1964.
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985.
- Hunt, Violet, 1862-1942.
- Khan, Agha Mohammad Yahya, 1917-
- Knoblock, Edward, 1874-1945.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Rukeyser, Muriel, 1913-
- Shorter, Clement King, 1857-1926.
- Unwin, Stanley, Sir, 1884-1968.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
- A. P. Watt and Son.
- James B. Pinker and Son.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- American Play Company. fmo
- A. P. Watt and Son. fmo