- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
John Masefield collection of papers, 1894- bulk (1902-).
Masefield, John, 1878-1967.
- 952 items.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of portraits, pictorial works, manuscripts, typescripts by and about theauthor; a diary for 1894, a notebook, legal documents, andcorrespondence. There is an original water color sketch of the author by Jack B. Yeats and an original water colorand ink drawing by Yeats. The manuscripts include holographs of stories, poems and drafts of poems, plays and play synopses, and autogbiographical notes. The typescripts include poems and essays.
The correspondence includes letters, from 1901-, from the author to Leonard Clark, Marilla Waite Freeman, Lady Gregory (1903-), to Sir Edward Howard Marsh (1912-); to his typist, Ann O'Connor ([1960?]-); to Grant Richards, Elizabeth Robins (1909-1912), William Butler Yeats, and others. There are also letters, from -, from Jack Butler Yeats to Ria Mooney, and between various correspondents relating to, or mentioning, the author. There are letters to the author from John Galsworthy, Elizabeth Robins, and others, datingfrom 1909 to 1910.
John Masefield was a British poet, novelist, essayist and playwright.
Controlled Access Terms
- Masefield, John, 1878-1967.
- Masefield, John, 1878-1967 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Clark, Leonard.
- Freeman, Marilla Waite.
- Galsworthy, John, 1867-1933.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Mooney, Ria, 1903-1973.
- O'Connor, Ann, Mrs.
- Richards, Grant, 1872-1948.
- Robins, Elizabeth, 1862-1952.
- Yeats, Jack Butler, 1871-1957.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.
- Berg, Albert Ashton, 1872-1950. fmo
- Berg, Henry W., 1858-1938. fmo
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- McDonald, Gerald D. (Gerald Doan), 1905- fmo
- Feldman, Lew David. dnr
- Feldman, Sally. dnr