Lowell, Robert, 1917-1977.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, a notebook for 1970, as well as correspondence. The manuscripts and typescripts include poems and translations. The correspondence, dating from 1943 through 1976, is from the author to Babette Deutsch, Anne Fremantle, Randall Jarrell, Alfred Kazin, Marianne Moore, Ruth Witt-Diamant, and others. Also present are letters relating to the author, dating from 1950 to 1977, between various correspondents, including Elizabeth Bishop,Philip Booth, Richard Eberhart, Randall Jarrell, and others. There are letters to Lowell from William Meredith,Peter Salus, and Louis Untermeyer, dating from 1960 to 1971.
Robert Lowell was an American poet, playwright, and translator.
Controlled Access Terms
- Lowell, Robert, 1917-1977.
Additional Creator Names
- Bishop, Elizabeth, 1911-1979.
- Booth, Philip E.
- Deutsch, Babette, 1895-1982.
- Eberhart, Richard, 1904-2005.
- Fremantle, Anne, 1909-2002.
- Jarrell, Randall, 1914-1965.
- Kazin, Alfred, 1915-1998.
- Meredith, William, 1919-
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972.
- Salus, Peter H.
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977.
- Witt-Diamant, Ruth.
- Jarrell, Randall, 1914-1965. fmo