Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence, and a photograph portrait. The manuscripts include holographs of poems, plays, essays, and stories, as well as copies in the author's hand of poems by Anna Wickham. The typescripts include drafts of stories and poems by the author, as wellas essays and writings about the author by Richard Aldington, W. H. Auden, Henry Miller, and Humbert D. Wolfe. The correspondence includes letters from the author,dating from 1910 to 1929, to Ford Madox Ford, Edward Garnett, Katherine Mansfield, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, John Middleton Murry, and Leonard Sidney Woolf. There are also letters relating to the author, dating from 1911 to 1964, between various correspondents including Virginia Woolf, Norman Douglas, Edward Garnett, Aldous Huxley, Frieda Lawrence, J. B. Pinker and Son, and others. There are letters to Lawrence from Aldous Huxley, Ezra Pound, Willard Huntington Wright, and from Hutchinson & Co. and T. Fisher Unwin, dating from 1912-1928.
D. H. Lawrence was a British novelist, essayist, playwright, poet, literary critic, and short story writer.
Controlled Access Terms
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930.
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Aldington, Richard, 1892-1962.
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973.
- Douglas, Norman, 1868-1952.
- Ford, Ford Madox, 1873-1939.
- Garnett, Edward, 1868-1937.
- Huxley, Aldous, 1894-1963.
- Lawrence, Frieda von Richthofen, 1879-1956.
- Mansfield, Katherine, 1888-1923.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980.
- Murry, John Middleton, 1889-1957.
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972.
- Wickham, Anna, 1884-1947.
- Wolfe, Humbert, 1885-1940.
- Woolf, Leonard, 1880-1969.
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941.
- Wright, Willard Huntington, 1888-1939.
- Hutchinson & Co.
- James B. Pinker and Son.
- T. Fisher Unwin (Firm)
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980. fmo
- Garnett, Edward, 1868-1937. ins
- Gordan, John Dozier, 1907-1968. dnr