Landor, Walter Savage, 1775-1864.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and correspondence. The manuscripts include holographs ofpoems, essays, riddles, and "imaginary conversations," as well as manuscripts of essays and poems about the author by Richard Henry Horne, Edmund Clarence Stedman, and Algernon Charles Swinburne. The correspondence includes letters from the author, dating from  to , to Lady Marguerite Blessington, Robert Browning, Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Landor, Henry Eyres Landor, Anthony Rosenhagen, Arthur de Noe Walker, and others. There are also letters relating to the author, dating from 1778 to 1929, between various correspondents including Sir Sidney Colvin, Countess Ellen Conyngham, Elizabeth Landor, Henry Eyres Landor, Robert Eyres Landor, Walter Landor, George Moore, Robert Southey, and others. There are letters to Landor from Robert Browning, William Cyples, Charles Dickens, Robert Southey, and members of the Landor family including Charles Savage, Elizabeth, Henry Eyres, and Julia Elizabeth, dating from 1815 to 1858.
Walter Savage Landor was an English poet, playwright, novelist, and translator.
Controlled Access Term
- Landor, Walter Savage, 1775-1864.
Additional Creator Names
- Blessington, Marguerite, Countess of, 1789-1849.
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889.
- Colvin, Sidney, Sir, 1845-1927.
- Conyngham, Ellen, Countess of.
- Cyples, William, 1831-1882.
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.
- Horne, R. H. (Richard H.), 1802-1884.
- Landor, Charles Savage.
- Landor, Elizabeth Savage.
- Landor, Henry Eyres.
- Landor, Robert Eyres, 1781-1869.
- Landor, Walter.
- Moore, George, 1852-1933.
- Rosenhagen, Anthony.
- Southey, Robert, 1774-1843.
- Stedman, Edmund Clarence, 1833-1908.
- Swinburne, Algernon Charles, 1837-1909.
- Walker, Arthur de Noé.
- Arnold, William Harris, 1854-1923. fmo
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889. fmo
- Duke, Rashleigh Edward Hungerford, 1855- fmo
- Hertz, Emanuel, 1870-1940. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Madden, Richard Robert, 1798-1886. fmo
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924. fmo