Austin, William Henry.
Manuscripts and Archives Division
- .8 linear feet (2 boxes).
Advance notice required. Apply at http://www.nypl.org/mssref
The William Henry Austin Papers consist of registers of members, marriages, baptisms, deaths, lists of clergy, etc., from Methodist churches in Dutchess County, New York,1873-1949, and scrapbooks of clippings from local newspapers, often related to religion and the ministry, 1930-1950. Church records include those of the New Hamburgh, Carthage Landing, and Chelsea Methodist Episcopal churches. In addition to the clippings and printed matter Austin collected, his papers include a miscellaneous file of his notes; a roster of soldiers of the 149th Co., Sullivan County, 1919; a small amount of correspondence; and a few completed Quarterly Conference Roll and Record forms for Chelsea, New York, 1947-1955.
William Henry Austin was a minister of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Warwick, NY, later of the Highland Avenue Methodist Church of Ossining, NY.
Controlled Access Terms
- Austin, William Henry.
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Clergy.
- Church records and registers -- New York (State) -- Dutchess County.
- Registers of births, etc. -- New York (State) -- Dutchess County.
Additional Creator Name
- Gift of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.