- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Alice O'Neill costume design for the Greenwich Village Follies
- 1 original design : col. ; 37 x 57 cm.
Costume design for two performers, executed in ink, water color, and silver paint.
Beginning in 1916, O'Neill (a.k.a. AVON and Av O'Neill) designed costumes for many famous Broadway revues, including the Ziegfeld Follies, the Greenwich Village Follies (1922), the Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic, and George White's Scandals. Between 1927 and 1930 she designed for the Fox Studios and United Artists, often collaborating with designer Stephanie Wachner.
Controlled Access Terms
- Greenwich Village follies.
- Costume design -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Costume designers -- United States.
- Costume design drawings.
Additional Creator Name
- National Endowment for the Arts Millennium Project.