- My NYPL
New & Notable
Made at NYPL
Tools and Services
- Using the Library
I am a...
- Classes & Events
- Support the Library
Robert A. Wilson slides, 1956-1969
Wilson, Robert A. (Robert Alfred), 1922-
- .63 lin. ft. (2 boxes)
The slides span the years 1956 to 1969 and include many notable Broadway and Off-Broadway shows of that era. Included are THE BALLAD OF THE SAD CAFE, CABARET, CAMELOT, EVERYTHING IN THE GARDEN, THE FLOWER DRUM SONG, GYPSY, IRMA LA DOUCE, MACBETH, MAME, THE MIRACLE WORKER, MOTHER COURAGE AND HER CHILDREN, NIGHT OF THE IGUANA, PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT, PORGY AND BESS, THE PRICE, SHOW BOAT,SOUTH PACIFIC, SWEET CHARITY, TOVARICH, A VERY RICH WOMAN,WILDCAT and WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?
Robert A. Wilson was the third proprietor of the Phoenix Bookshop in New York City from 1962 to 1988. A great lover of literature, he not only sponsored new writers, but collected rare books and manuscripts and published thework of many writers of his day.
Controlled Access Terms
- Albee, Edward, 1928- Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Brecht, Bertolt, 1898-1956. Mutter Courage und ihre Kinder. English.
- Gershwin, George, 1898-1937. Porgy and Bess.
- Herman, Jerry, 1931- Mame.
- Kern, Jerome, 1885-1945. Show boat.
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979. South Pacific.
- Styne, Jule, 1905-1994. Gypsy.
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983. Night of the iguana.
- Phoenix Bookshop (New York, N.Y.)
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.