Isherwood, Christopher, 1904-
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence, and portraits. The manuscripts and typescripts consist of plays written with W. H. Auden, articles by Howard Griffin and James Stern about Isherwood, and reviews by John Maynard Keynes. Also present is correspondence, dating from 1926 to 1975, from the author to Benjamin Britten, Rupert Doone, Howard Griffin, Alfred Kazin, Olive Mangeot, Elizabeth Mayer, Judith Moffett, and Glenway Wescott, as well as letters from Herbet Mitgang to Isherwood, dating from 1967 to 1975.
Christopher Isherwood was a British expatriate who emigrated to America with W. H. Auden in 1939. He authorednovels, plays, screenplays, expositions, and translations of the Vedanta.
Controlled Access Terms
- Isherwood, Christopher, 1904-1986.
- Isherwood, Christopher, 1904-1986 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973.
- Griffin, Howard, 1915-1975.
- Stern, James, 1904-
- Keynes, John Maynard, 1883-1946.
- Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976.
- Doone, Rupert, 1903-1966.
- Kazin, Alfred, 1915-1998.
- Mangeot, Olive.
- Mayer, Elizabeth.
- Moffett, Judith, 1942-
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-
- Mitgang, Herbert.
- Newton, Caroline, 1893- fmo
- Group Theatre (U.S.) fmo