Huxley, Aldous, 1894-1963.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, correspondence, legal documents, portraitphotographs, and pictorial works. The typescripts includestories, plays, and criticism. The correspondence, dating from 1915 to 1963, includes letters from the author to Douglas Glass, D. H. and Frieda Lawrence, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Robert Malise Bowyer Nichols, Frances Petersen, Edward Sackville-West, Beth Wendel, Humbert Wolfe, Leonard Woolf, and others. There are also letters relating to the author, dating from 1917 to 1969, between various correspondents including Henry Miller, Carl Van Vechten, and others. There are letters addressed to Huxleyfrom Joseph Anthony, Helen Harvey, Beth Wendel, Gilbert Perleberg, and others dating from 1938 to 1969, many relating to Huxley's play, The Genius and the Goddess.
Aldous Huxley was a British novelist, short-story writer, playwright, screenwriter, literary and social critic, and poet.
Controlled Access Terms
- Huxley, Aldous, 1894-1963.
- Huxley, Aldous, 1894-1963 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Anthony, Joseph.
- Glass, Douglas.
- Harvey, Helen.
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930.
- Lawrence, Frieda von Richthofen, 1879-1956.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Nichols, Robert, 1893-1944.
- Perleberg, Gilbert.
- Petersen, Frances.
- Sackville-West, Edward, Hon., 1901-1965.
- Wendel, Beth.
- Wolfe, Humbert, 1885-1940.
- Woolf, Leonard, 1880-1969.
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo