Graves, Robert, 1895-
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence, notebooks, legal documents, portraits, and pictorial works. The manuscripts and typescripts include poems, some transcribed by Sir Edward Howard Marsh; plays, essays, notes for works, and criticism. The correspondence includes letters from the author, dating from 1914 to 1972, to T. I. F. Armstrong, Juanita and Sven Berlin, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, James Burton Pond, Michael Roberts, Siegfried Sassoon, the literary agency J. B. Pinker and Son, and others. There are letters to Graves from Cecil Day-Lewis, Walter de la Mare, Geoffrey Grigson, Herbert Mitgang, Siegfried Sassoon,Louis Untermeyer, and others, dating from 1922 to 1970.
Robert Graves was a British poet, novelist, translator, and writer of ballads, children's literature, essays, librettos, and literary criticism.
Controlled Access Terms
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985.
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985 -- Portraits.
Additional Creator Names
- Berlin, Sven.
- Casey, Juanita.
- Day Lewis, C. (Cecil), 1904-1972.
- De la Mare, Walter, 1873-1956.
- Gawsworth, John, 1912-1970.
- Grigson, Geoffrey, 1905-
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Mitgang, Herbert.
- Pond, James B. (James Burton), 1838-1903.
- Roberts, Michael, 1902-1948.
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967.
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977.
- James B. Pinker and Son.
- Doubleday and Company, inc.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953. fmo