De la Mare, Walter, 1873-1956.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, financial documents, and correspondence. Themanuscripts include holograph poems and an outline of the contribution to papers in honor of De la Mare by Sir Edward Howard Marsh. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence, dating from 1900 to 1955 from the author to T. I. F. Armstrong, Lady Cynthia Asquith, Ford Madox Ford, Robert Graves, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, to Frank V. Morley, to the literary agency J. B. Pinker and Son, to Eric Norman Simons, and to others. There are also letters related to the author, dating from 1901 to 1960, to the literary agency J. B. Pinker and Son from various publishers and individuals, from Fredson Bowers to LeonardClark, from miscellaneous correspondents to Leonard Clark,and other correspondence related to the author. Also present are letters to De la Mare from Terence Ian Fytton Armstrong, Archibald Bain, Alfred Knopf, Otto Kyllmann, Thomas Quayle, James Raye Wells, and others, dating from 1915 to 1951.
Water De la Mare was a British writer of poems, children'sliterature, fantasy, novels, short stories, essays, and plays.
Controlled Access Terms
- De la Mare, Walter, 1873-1956.
Additional Creator Names
- Asquith, Cynthia, Lady, 1887-1960.
- Bain, Archibald.
- Bowers, Fredson.
- Clark, Leonard.
- Ford, Ford Madox, 1873-1939.
- Gawsworth, John, 1912-1970.
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985.
- Knopf, Alfred A., 1892-1984.
- Kyllmann, Otto.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Morley, F. V. (Frank Vigor), 1899-
- Quayle, Thomas, b. 1884.
- Simons, Eric Norman.
- Wells, James Raye.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Morley, F. V. (Frank Vigor), 1899- fmo
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995. fmo
- Whitall, William Van R.. fmo
- Gordan, John Dozier, 1907-1968. dnr
- James B. Pinker and Son.
- James B. Pinker and Son. fmo