Colum, Padraic, 1880-1972.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence, notebooks for 1933 to 1957, adiary for 1910, and financial and legal documents. The manuscripts and typescripts include poems, drafts and synopses of plays, essays, notes toward works on Irish folklore, and other manuscript material. Also included aremanuscripts relating to Colum by various authors includingSara Allgood and A. E. Coppard. The correspondence includes letters by the author, dating from 1903 to 1962, to Lascelles Abercrombie, Mary Maguire Colum, Lady Gregory,William Turner Levy, May Sarton, W. B. Yeats, and others. There are letters to the author from Hervey Allen, Ernest Boyd, W. T. Cosgrave, Babette Deutsch, Baron Dunsany, Robert Frost, Lady Gregory, the James Joyce Society, Edward Marsh, Harriet Converse Moody, John Quinn, George William Russell, John Butler Yeats, William Butler Yeats, Katharine Younge, and others, dating from 1901-1962.
Padraic Colum was an Irish playwright, essayist, novelist,poet, and children's book author, as well as the co-founder of the Irish Review.
Controlled Access Terms
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
Additional Creator Names
- Abercrombie, Lascelles, 1881-1938.
- Allen, Hervey, 1889-1949.
- Allgood, Sara, 1883-1950.
- Boyd, Ernest Augustus, 1887-1946.
- Colum, Mary.
- Coppard, A. E. (Alfred Edgar), 1878-1957.
- Cosgrave, William Thomas, 1880-1965.
- Deutsch, Babette, 1895-1982.
- Dunsany, Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, Baron, 1878-1957.
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963.
- Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932.
- Levy, William Turner, 1922-
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Moody, Harriet Converse Tilden, 1857-1932.
- Quinn, John, 1870-1924.
- Russell, George William, 1867-1935.
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995.
- Yeats, John Butler, 1839-1922.
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1939.
- Younge, Katharine.
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Levy, William Turner, 1922- fmo
- James Joyce Society (New York, N.Y.)