Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824.
Berg Collection of English and American Literature
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, correspondence, and four diaries kept from 1814 to 1816 byJohn Cam Hobhouse. The manuscripts include poems, portions of poems, essays, and notes for work, some of which are copied in Caroline Lamb's and in an unknown hand,as well as essays in manuscript about the author by W. H. Auden, Leigh Hunt, A. C. Swinburne, and others. The correspondence comprises letters by the author, dating from 1805 to 1823, to Robert Charles Dallas, Leigh Hunt, E. Noel Long, John Murray, and others. Also included are letters relating to the author, dating from 1816 to 1969, between various correspondents, including Frances Burney d'Arblay, James Fenimore Cooper, Sir Edward Howard Marsh, Ethel Colburn Mayne, John Murray, Robert Southey, and others, as well as a number of forged letters to Charles Victor de Bonstetten, Thomas Hookham, Douglas Kinnaird, and an unidentified recipient. Also present are letters toByron from Leigh Hunt, Sir Walter Scott, and others, dating from January through March 1822.
Familiarly known as Lord Byron, George Gordon Byron was anEnglish poet, essayist, and dramatist.
Controlled Access Terms
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824.
Additional Creator Names
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973.
- Bonstetten, Charles Victor de, 1745-1832.
- Broughton, John Cam Hobhouse, Baron, 1786-1869.
- Burney, Fanny, 1752-1840.
- Cooper, James Fenimore, 1789-1851.
- Dallas, Robert Charles, 1754-1824.
- Hookham, Thomas.
- Hunt, Leigh, 1784-1859.
- Kinnaird, Douglas, 1788-1830.
- Lamb, Caroline, Lady, 1785-1828.
- Long, E. Noel.
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872-1953.
- Mayne, Ethel Colburn, d. 1941.
- Murray, John, 1808-1892.
- Scott, Walter, Sir, 1771-1832.
- Southey, Robert, 1774-1843.
- Swinburne, Algernon Charles, 1837-1909.
- John Murray (Firm)
- Dallas, Robert Charles, 1754-1824. fmo
- Howard, Henry, 1757-1842. fmo
- Howe, W. T. H. (William Thomas Hildrup) fmo
- Kern, Jerome, 1885-1945. fmo
- Lamb, Caroline, Lady, 1785-1828. fmo
- Pigot, Elizabeth Bridget, 1783-1866. fmo
- Smith, Harry Bache, 1860-1936. fmo
- Terry, Roderick T., 1849-1933. fmo
- Young, Owen D., 1874- fmo