Bilinsky, Boris Konstantinovitch, 1900-1948.
Billy Rose Theatre Division
- .1 lin. ft. (10 slides in 1 portfolio)
Consists of ten slides with accompanying documentation: a detailed listing in English and an article about the fate of Bilinsky's designs by René Clémenti Bilinsky in French from CinemAction (no. 97, 2000). Slides consist of a set design for the movie MONTE-CRISTO (France, 1929), a costume design for the opera PELLÉAS ET MÉLISANDE at the Royal Opera of Covent Garden in London (1937), set and costume designs for the movie AMORE IMPERIALE (Italy, 1941), set design for the movie SENZA CIELO (Italy, 1941),costume design for the play IL TENENTE VIRGOLA at the Odeon Theatre in Milan (1941), set design for the play SAINT JOAN at the Argentina Theatre in Rome (1943), and two women's costume designs from unidentified productions.
Russian born Boris Bilinsky worked as a costume and set designer for theater and film in Germany (1920-1923), France (1923-1939) and Italy (1939-1948).
Controlled Access Terms
- Achille, Giuseppe. Il tenente virgola.
- Debussy, Claude, 1862-1918. Pelléas et Mélisande.
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950. Saint Joan.
- Amore imperiale (Motion picture).
- Monte-Cristo (Motion picture).
- Senza cielo (Motion picture).
- Costume design.
- Motion pictures -- Italy.
- Motion pictures -- Setting and scenery.
- Theaters -- Stage-setting and scenery.
- Costume design drawings.
- Set design drawings.